How to Buy Moonriver (MOVR) or Moonbeam (GLMR)
On desktop web browser - Chrome, Firefox, Brave or Edge. In this guide, replace MOVR with GLMR, to purchase GLMR.
- How to buy Moonriver (MOVR). As of today, the KuCoin Exchange has the highest Volume % of MOVR.
- Sign up for an account on KuCoin (tutorial).
- Once the KuCoin account is set up, you are ready to buy crypto.
- A caveat, MOVR can not be bought directly, but is swapped with USDT, a stable coin. So, you will need to buy USDT first, then trade/swap to MOVR.
- In KuCoin, hover your mouse over, "Buy Crypto", and click on "Fast Buy", if buying for credit card.
- In KuCoin, hover your mouse over, "Buy Crypto", and click on "Third Party", if buying with bank transfer via credit card.
- In "Fast Buy", make sure you are buying, "USDT”
- In "Third Party", make sure you are buying, "USDT".
- Go through the confirmation dialogs. And you have bought your first cryptocurrency!
- Now we need to obtain MOVR, by trading USDT with MOVR.
- Hover your mouse over, “Assets” and click on, “Main Account”.
12. Find your newly purchased, USDT coin and click on “Transfer”.
13. On the pop up window, click on the highlighted amount on, “Available Amount”. Ensure it is USDT, and transferring from Main Account to Trading Account. And Confirm.
- Now, go over to the “Trading Account” tab and you should see the available amount for the coin, USDT.
- Now, click on “Markets”, located at the top of the page.
16. In the “Search” box, search for “MOVR”, then click on the MOVR/USDT pairing that appears.
- Make sure you are in the trading page for the MOVR/USDT pair
- On the bottom of the page, you should see a Spot box and it should have USDT and MOVR, for Price and Amount.
- In the Spot box, click on “Market”. And click on 100%. (This will spend all of your USDT for MOVR.)
- Then click on “Buy MOVR”.
- Now, you have MOVR in your KuCoin account.
- Now, go to your Trading Account under Assets. Look for the MOVR coin, and Transfer. 23. Transfer your MOVR from you Trading Account to Main Account.
- And now, you can withdraw/send your MOVR to your other wallets, in this case, MetaMask.
(example shown for Binance US, same steps for both).
- In the Buy page, search and set the coin to buy to, USDT, BTC, or BUSD.
- in this example, USDT has been selected. After USDT or other coin has been bought, go to “Trade” > “Markets”.
- And in the “Search” field, search for “MOVR”, and there should be a few pairings that shows up. Select the pairing which has the coin that you bought in Step 3 and click on “Trade”. (In my case, I have USDT.)
- In the Place Order section, click on, “Market”, which swaps USDT to MOVR at the current market rate.
- Set the amount of USDT to be used, then click on, “Buy MOVR”.
- And now you have MOVR in your Binance account.
- Now, you can Withdraw/Send MOVR to other Wallets, such as MetaMask.
- Create an account as one normally would.
- On Kraken, click on “Buy Crypto”.
3. Click on “(+) Buy” on the left side.
- In the Search field, search for MOVR.
- Select MOVR, and in the “Buy MOVR” box, set amount to purchase.
- And Confirm in the next box.
- Now you have MOVR in your Kraken account.
- As same with other exchanges, now you can withdraw/send to other wallets, such as MetaMask, via the Funding menu.
1. Go to: https://solarbeam.io/, on the same web browser with MetaMask wallet installed.
2. Click on (Launch App).
- If this the first time using the Solarbeam Swap, MetaMask will pop up a lot of dialogs for permission to connect to the “Moonriver” network. This is also an easy way to enable/connect your MetaMask wallet to the Moonriver network if you haven’t done so.
- In the Swap page, make sure you are swapping from, “USDT” to “MOVR”.
- Set the amount of USDT to be used, then confirm the swap.
- Now, you have MOVR in your MetaMask wallet.
👉 Next Lesson
🏡 Go to Start
🌝 Go to Website